Tuesday 15 January 2013

Inspiration: African and Fulani Style in the Fashion and Makeup Industries

As I have already posted the best photos I could find of traditional Fulani tribes people, I thought I would look to the fashion and makeup industries for inspirations of Fulani and African styling and makeup. Since the Fulani tribe specifically is very small and not that well known, most of the pictures I found and liked are mainly of generalised African styling and makeup - they are however very closely linked so I still found this useful. Although I aim never to do something that has already been done, and don't usually look to secondary sources as inspiration, I found it extremely interesting to look at how African style is represented in the industry. It also helped me to see what has already been put out there, and therefore what I could do differently. Here are my favorite inspirational images:








1 comment:

  1. Fulani are actually quite a large ethnic group spanning West Africa to East Africa (as they are traditionally nomadic, but most live in cities now) and in between and are the predominant ethnic group in Nigeria for instance where I descend from.

    ReplyDelete