Monday 14 January 2013

Inspiration: Chosen Tribes


After having researched various tribes that have very differing histories, ideals, religions and most importantly, physical looks and styles, I have decided which two I am going to combine to use as inspirations for my two final looks. I am going to use both the FULANI TRIBE and the NATIVE AMERICAN TRIBES as my points of reference and inspiration. I have chosen these two tribes because, out of all the tribes I have researched and images that I have seen, the traditional people of these tribes are beautiful to look at, but also because I find the reasoning behind why they  make themselves up to look the way they do, really interesting. Whenever I am designing a makeup look, I always try to connect it to something, and not just make it a random, disconnected piece. I like to be able to show the reasons behind why I have chosen to do something - With both of my chosen tribes, I feel that there is an important reason behind why they look the way they do, but also why they use the tools and materials they do to create their looks. That is what I like most about them. I think there's alot that I'll be able to do using these tribes as a jumping off point.

No comments:

Post a Comment